- For early data collection, OPF has a registry wiki, e.g. see http://wiki.opf-labs.org/display/TR/Formats
- A New Registry for Digital Preservation: Outline Proposal
- A New Registry for Digital Preservation: Conceptual Overview
- IS26 Dealing with difficult identification cases
- http://keep-totem.co.uk/ (registration required)
- http://theswo.sourceforge.net/*** http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/1413
- Also, for file magic, there is an open standard here: http://standards.freedesktop.org/shared-mime-info-spec/shared-mime-info-spec-latest.html** Note that this is used natively by Tika, could be used natively in Fido, and is compatible with the fine-free-file command magic syntax.
Some older stuff is worth referring to, e.g. older expressions of requirements etc.