Preservation Policy for digital material is an important and evolving area. The European Project SCAPE (2011 - 2014) was tasked with looking at policy and producing a catalogue of policy elements to assist those writing policy.
In this work the following partners participated:
- Barbara Sierman (National Library of the Netherlands)
- Catherine Jones (Science and Technologies Facilities Council, UK)
- Simon Lambert (Science and Technologies Facilities Council, UK)
- Gry Elstrøm (State and University Library Aarhus, Denmark)
- Bjarne Andersen (State and University Library Aarhus, Denmark)
- Sean Bechhofer (University of Manchester, UK)
This wiki gives some information on the background to the policy work and then has pages for each element which the SCAPE project suggested that organisations should consider when writing policy,
with a focus of planning and watch activities. It is not a complete set as it is an emerging area and we welcome your feedback.