To work on SCAPE you need to set up two accounts, one for github and one for the OPF Labs site.
- To join github, sign-up here: https://github.com/signup/free
- To join OPF Labs, sign-up here: http://jira.opf-labs.org/secure/Signup...
- After you've done this, let the Technical Coordinator know your username(s), and he will add you to the appropriate groups so that you have the permissions you need.
You should also sign up for:
- The relevant mailing lists
- All should be on the Techie list: http://list.scape-project.eu/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/techie
- Which other lists you should be on depends upon your work.
- The SCAPE SharePoint site:
- If you are a member of the SCAPE Projects, contact the Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up an account.
Once signed up, you should have access to these resources:
- A repository on github.
- This Wiki.
- JIRA issue tracking.
- Continuous build integration with Bamboo
- FishEye code inspection and review
- WEBDAV area for SCAPE developers
- For help setting up git and github, see http://help.github.com/** See also Configuring how line-endings are handled by git
- If you use Eclipse, the egit plugin is pretty good: http://www.eclipse.org/egit/** Here's a tutorial on how to use it: http://www.vogella.de/articles/EGit/article.html
- If you use Windows, the tortoisegit shell integration is quite good: http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/
- If you use Windows 7 and are having WEBDAV woes try this.
- Internal SCAPE documentation is on the SharePoint site: https://portal.ait.ac.at/sites/Scape/