| Ensuring appropriate interface for data capture/deposit
| Detailed description
|| Ensuring an appropriate interface for depositors familiar with Facebook or similar social media networks to contribute to the long term preservation of mediated memories and associated metadata.
| Issue champion
|| Tony Grimaud
| Other interested parties
| Toni Sant
| Possible Solution approaches
- Authentication to the M3P wiki via Facebook Connect;
- Encouraging users to contribute to the wiki by prompting them to update their user page on registration;
- Importing information from Facebook to pre-populate user pages;
- Providing tool to allow users to transfer content easily from Facebook to the wiki;
- Improving the visibility of the wiki and in particular of interaction with it (creation, editing) via Facebook.
|| A lack of active participation from potentially interested depositors and contributors to the project has led to the observation that the current interface is not conducive to the capture of pertinent materials. However, many of the same potential depositors/contributors readily share the same materials through Facebook and/or other social media networks such as YouTube, RevebNation and MySpace.
| Lessons Learned
|| Malta Music Memory Project (M3P)
|| Extracting content from Facebook to Mediawiki