|| McLean Museum Initial Digitised Collection
|| Scanned images of archival documents which have been created as digital surrogates. These have been stored as JPEGS. A digital artwork, a DIVX file, is also included in the collection along with digitised Museum registers in JPEG, DOC and PDF files.
|| Not for wider use.
|| McLean Museum and Art Gallery
| Dataset Location
|| On external hard drive brought to the SPRUCE event.
| Collection Champion
|| Neil Dickson
| Issues brainstorm
- Best Practice for the preservation of our digital collection has not been implemented.
- Our current cataloguing system may not be ready for the changing in Operating System.
- The long term future of cataloguing system is not guaranteed.
- No checks in place to ensure the authenticity of our digital artworks.
- No practice in place to deal with the acquisition of digital collections in the museum.
| List of Issues