|As the SPRUCE Project progresses, we'll be building a business case to help practitioners (and their managers) make the case for resourcing digital preservation activity. The final business case toolkit will be made available on these pages, but in the meantime we'll record what we developed along the way and useful links to related material.|
The SPRUCE Business Case will evolve as we gather information from our stakeholders and practitioners, and so the shape of the end result may well change as we better understand the problem and our users needs. This is what we currently think the end result will look like.
- A generic business case for digital preservation
- This will make the key arguments and provide a starting point for re-use in new/specific business cases
- There may be value in developing sub cases for specific purposes/areas
- A guide to some useful exercises that can help users develop core parts of their own business case
- A set of resources that may be useful in augmenting a business case and making the key arguments
- Resources focused on the communication aspects of making or delivering the case
- This may take the form of interviews with expert case-makers
These are the business case results collated from work done by practitioners at our mashup events.
- Balanced Value Impact Model
- Toolkit for the Impact of Digitised Scholarly Resources (TIDSR)
- Building a Business Case (Exploiting Activity Data in the Academic Environment) (JISC)
- Sustaining our Digital Future and blog post from NLW
- Assessing the impact of digitised collections
- How to feed, nourish and sustain your digital resources
- JISC Impact Analysis
- JISC Records and Information Management Impact Calculator, 3E’s Benefits Matrix (with examples), Impact Calculator Webinar
- JISC Infonet Measurement Tools
- Stack Exchange question: What has been found to be the most effective alternate term for “digital preservation” when communicating beyond the library and archives community?
- JISCmrd projects moving towards sustainability
- The Value of Research Data Metrics for datasets from a cultural and technical point of view
- NERC Data Value Checklist