This is the home of the Costing digitial preservation space.
Digital Preservation Costing
- LIFE 1, 2 and 3. Projects to explore digital preservation costing, and develop costing models.
- Cost Model for Digital Preservation (CMDP): Project at the Royal Danish Library and the Danish National Archives to develop a new cost model. Currently covers Planning, Migrations and Ingest
- Keeping Research Data Safe 1 and 2 (KRDS):Cost model and benefits analysis for preserving research data
- Presto Prime cost model for digital storage
- Cost Estimation Toolkit (CET): Data centre costing model and toolkit, from NASA Goddard
- Cost Model for Small Scale Automated Digital Preservation Archives (Strodl and Rauber)
- Link TBC
- APARSEN Project activity focused on digital preservation costing
Significant Digital Preservation Costing Papers
- "Comparison of methods and costs of digital preservation. Research and Innovation Report", Hendley, T. (1998). British Library.
- "Cost elements for digital preservation". Granger S., Russell, K., Weinberger, E. (2000). CEDARS Project.
- "Life cycle collection management". Shenton, H. (2003). LIBER Quarterly, Issue 13.
- "Sustaining the digital investment: Issues and challenges of economically sustainable digital preservation. Interim Report of the Blue Ribbon Task Force on Sustainable Digital Preservation And Access", Blue Ribbon Task Force, December 2008.
- "The Significance of Storage in the “Cost of Risk” of Digital Preservation", Richard Wright, Ant Miller, IJDC, Issue 3, Volume 4, 2009.
General Costing Information
- International Standard Cost Model Manual from the Standard Cost Model (SCM) Network** http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/32/54/34227698.pdf
Miscellaneous Costing Information
- David Rosenthal blog post on modelling digital preservation costs