| Seven Stories author & illustrator files
|| Digital records in various file formats created by authors and illustrators in the process of writing/illustrating books. Incidental occurences in collections which are primarily paper-based, and usually saved onto floppy disc or CD-R by creators prior to deposit. Common file formats include Word, rich text, plaint text, pdf and photoshop files.
|| Copyright in all material is retained by the creator, and is not licensed for reproduction or distribution.
|| Seven Stories, the Centre for Children's Books
| Dataset Location
| Collection Champion
|| Hannah Green
| Issues brainstorm
- material received through variety of media (floppy disc, CD-R, memory stick) & copied by creators
- problem of identifying file types - incorrect file extensions, eg period marks in file names interpreted as file extensions after copying
- identifying creating program/applications required to open files and access content
- maintaining integrity and authenticity of records, where there are problems of file identification
- auto update features in certain types of files, eg dates in Word files, leading to creation/modification log being changed when viewing content. Impact of integrity/authenticity of records?
| List of Issues
|| Identification of file formats with incorrect file extensions