This is the home of the Automating Quality Assurance project (AQuA), hosted by the Open Planets Foundation. AQuA is a JISC funded collaboration between:
Manual quality assurance (QA) of digitised content is typically fallible and can result in collections that are marred by a variety of quality issues. Poor storage conditions can result in further damage due to bit-rot. Detecting, identifying and fixing these issues in legacy digitised collections are costly and time consuming manual processes. The Automating Quality Assurance Project (AQuA) will apply a variety of existing tools in order to automatically detect quality issues in digitised collections. Two AQuA events will bring together digital preservation practitioners, collection curators and technical experts to present problematic digitised collections, articulate requirements for their validation, and apply tools to automate the detection and identification of preservation and quality issues. Strong sustainability, take up and dissemination of project results will be ensured by facilitating cross pollination in events that bring together experts from a cross section of organisations and disciplines, and leveraging OPF’s existing role and expertise in preservation technology support.
- AQuA Mashup 1 : 11th-13th April, Weetwood Hall, Leeds
- AQuA Mashup 2 : 13-15th June, BL Conference Centre, London
An application and registration form for these events will be available here shortly.
- Here's how to join the OPF-Labs site and get write-access to this wiki.
- If you are a member of the management team, contact Andy Jackson for full access to the wiki.
To help you on your way, we've inserted some of our favourite macros on this home page. As you start creating pages, blogging and commenting you'll see the macros below fill up with all the activity in your space.
- been quoted approx £140 per delegate - this is a 24 hour rate - ie includes venue, acco, food for 24 hiurs. so cost should be approx £300 per delegate (for 2 full days plus a bit).
- BM to confirm costs on Fri 11th Feb
AQuA Mashup 2 : 13-15th June, BL Conference Centre, London (venue), TBC (accommodation)