Wang Laboratories, Inc. Records 5.25" disk images
Materials from the Wang Laboratories, Inc. Records held at Baker Library Historical Collections, Harvard Business School. Disks include administrative correspondence and drafts created during the writing of An Wang's Lessons: an autobiography (1986). The files are text documents in unknown format. The extent of the dataset is 36 disk images in IMG format of 5.25" floppy disks imaged using FC 5025, and is roughly 12MB. The date range for the material in the dataset is circa 1985-1989.
Any copying or replication of the dataset is prohibited without express permission of Baker Library Historical Collections, Harvard Business School. The publisher and/or author of An Wang's Lessons: an autobiography (1986) may retain copyright.
Baker Library Historical Collections, Harvard Business School
- Used Bitcurator forensics tools to analyze the Wang disk images.
- Bulk Extractor viewer showed no results for data search.
- Fiwalk was unable to recognize the file system of these disks.
- Using FTK Imager, some disks are FAT12 and some are unrecognized
- Will need to use other tools to discover what is on the Wang disks.
- Unable to proceed further with Wang disks. Will continue testing/research regarding disk format.
- Successfully used Bitcurator tools on similar disk images (5.25" FAT12 from 1989). Concluded that the issue is with the Wang disks in particular.
- The second set of disks were likely written on an IBM machine, while the Wang disks were likely written on a Wang machine, which could have caused the problems analyzing them.
List of Issues
A list of links to detailed Issue pages relevant to this Dataset. When you've added an Issue page, return to this page and add a link to it.