|Registration is now closed.|
Wednesday 2 April, 09:30 - 16:30
National Library of the Netherlands (Koninklijke Bibliotheek)
Prins Willem-Alexanderhof 5,
2595 BE The Hague,
Prins Willem-Alexanderhof 20,
2595 BE The Hague,
This event will focus on the issues that managers face when implementing digital preservation in their organisation. It will explore the tension between stable business processes and the introduction of new technologies. Many managers have a responsibility for digital preservation but they are not necessarily a technical expert in the field.
Different guest speakers from the field of Digital Preservation will give their view om managing digital preservation. The focus will be on the challenges for the organization in the implementation of new tools and solutions in digital preservation and sharing practice. What should be maintained and what should be altered in order to preserve? Next to that there will be two round table sessions:
- Managers in digital preservation: sharing practice on being responsible but not the expert in digital preservation
- Manager meets expert: How do they see the needs of organizations who are working on a digital preservation strategy? What do experts expect from their organisation? What are success factors?
- Meet peers who are managing digital preservation
- Learn about the approach of others who are embedding digital preservation in business practices
- Hear about strategic approaches and policies in the field of digital preservation
- Meet experts in digital preservation
- Find out about projects like Scape and E-Ark
Managers of large and smaller institutes who are responsible for digital preservation and digital preservation experts
The agenda is available here: Agenda - Managing Digital Preservation
The event will be conducted in English.
Registration is now closed.
Morning and afternoon coffee breaks, lunch and a drinks receptions will be provided and are included in the registration fee.
There is a map and instructions of how to get to the KB here: http://www.kb.nl/en/address-and-opening-hours/building-area-map Take the exit from platform 12 and you will arrive at the KB main entrance.
From Schiphol airport there is a direct train which takes you to Den Haag Centraal station in 30 minutes. Click here for the journey planner.
A list of nearby hotels can be seen here: Hotel_DenHaag_Jan2014.doc
If you have any questions about the event please email us: melanie [dot] imming [at] kb [dot] nl or margriet [dot] van [dot] gorsel [at] nationaalarchief [dot] nl