|Registration for Managing Digital Preservation will open soon.|
|There is a major conference taking place in the Hague on 24-25 March, we advise booking accommodation as soon as possible. There is a list of hotels in the Hague, and in Leiden (11 minutes away by train) below.|
Tuesday 25 March, 10:00 - 16:30
National Library of the Netherlands (Koninklijke Bibliotheek)
Prins Willem-Alexanderhof 5,
2595 BE The Hague,
Prins Willem-Alexanderhof 20,
2595 BE The Hague,
This event will focus on the issues that managers face when implementing digital preservation in their organisation. It will explore the tension between stable business processes and the introduction of new technologies. Many managers have a responsibility for digital preservation but they are not necessarily a technical expert in the field.
- Meet peers who are managing digital preservation
- Learn about the approach of others who are embedding digital preservation in business practices
- Hear about strategic approaches and policies in the field of digital preservation
- Meet experts in digital preservation
- Find out about research and development project developments
Managers with a responsibility for digital preservation in large or small organisations
The agenda is available here: Agenda - Managing Digital Preservation
The event will be conducted in English.
Registration will open soon.
Morning and afternoon coffee breaks and lunch will be provided and are included in the registration fee.
There is a map and instructions of how to get to the KB here: http://www.kb.nl/en/address-and-opening-hours/building-area-map Take the exit from platform 12 and you will arrive at the KB main entrance.
From Schiphol airport there is a direct train which takes you to Den Haag Centraal station in 30 minutes. Click here for the journey planner.
A list of nearby hotels can be seen here: Hotel_DenHaag_Jan2014.doc
Many hotels are getting booked up due to a major conference taking place in The Hague at the same time.
Please consider Leiden for alternative accommodation. Leiden is 11 train minutes away from the Den Haag Centraal station.
There is a fast train going to Den Hague Centraal about every 15 minutes.
A few hotel options in Leiden:
- Opposite the train station, 3 stars: http://www.booking.com/hotel/nl/ibis-leiden-centre.en-gb.html?sid=aad3683370647f19a656e874545b38a0;dcid=1
- About 5 minutes walk from the train station, 2 stars: http://www.booking.com/hotel/nl/mayflower.en-gb.html?sid=aad3683370647f19a656e874545b38a0;dcid=1;checkin=2014-03-25;checkout=2014-03-27;srfid=db38428b44c4ab91b882b9c8ebd9dbd51edcdb96X8
- About 10 minutes walk from the train station, 3 stars: http://www.booking.com/hotel/nl/de-doelen.en-gb.html?sid=aad3683370647f19a656e874545b38a0;dcid=1;checkin=2014-03-25;checkout=2014-03-27;srfid=db38428b44c4ab91b882b9c8ebd9dbd51edcdb96X3
- About 10 minutes walk from the train station, 3 stars: http://www.booking.com/hotel/nl/best-western-city-leiden.en-gb.html?sid=aad3683370647f19a656e874545b38a0;dcid=1;checkin=2014-03-25;checkout=2014-03-27;srfid=db38428b44c4ab91b882b9c8ebd9dbd51edcdb96X10
If you have any questions about the event please email us: melanie [dot] imming [at] kb [dot] nl