Who Should Attend and Why?
Anyone wishing to learn about emulation from some of the leading experts in the digital preservation community.
Practitioners interested in:
- Learning more about emulated environments and their role in presenting digital content in its original context.
- The use of emulation to provide access to complex digital material.
- How emulation can play a role in your digital preservation workflow.
Developers interested in:
- How to set up a simple emulation infrastructure.
Anyone interested in:
- Sharing real life emulation use cases.
- Contributing to defining used cases for future development.
- Learning about the results of emulation R&D projects (KEEP, Planets, bw FLA).
- Seeing demonstrations of, and getting hands on experience of emulators.
- Preservation metadata for emulation environments.
Attendees are expected to participate in the event, please bring the following if possible:
- Any examples of content that presents rendering problems.
- Potential uses cases for emulation in their organisation.
- Their laptops, with preferred development environment if applicable.
- Practical use-cases / challenges
- Access strategies
- Metadata and representation information
- Scalable and sustainable emulation
- New challenges in the field
- Project presentations
The full agenda can be seen at: Agenda - Emulation, learn from the experts
Registration is now open at: http://opfemulation.eventbrite.co.uk/. OPF members are invited to attend free-of-charge (please use the code issued to your main point of contact at your organisation). Non-members are welcome at the rate of EUR 200.00.
Faculty of Engineering/Technische Fakultät Albert-Ludwigs-Universität
Freiburg Georges-Köhler-Allee 101
Travel and accommodation information
Emulation Hackathon - Travel and Accommodation
More information coming soon.