These pages provide a record of the embryonic Business Plans that Mashup practitioners are developing for the Collections (or the activities to which they relate) that they have brought along. The results from this work will help SPRUCE build a convincing generic business case for digital preservation. This in turn will provide a resource for practitioners to re-use.
|Please name each page with your organisation name followed by the functional category of the page. Eg. "University of Leeds Stakeholder Analysis"|
The purpose of this exercise is to identify the business benefits associated with the activity chosen by the practitioner, and then align those benefits with their institutional strategy.
To add a new benefits page, click this link.
- Benefits of Digital Preservation - Binghamton
- Benefits of Digital Preservation - Bishopsgate Library
- Benefits of Digital Preservation - STFC
- Benefits UCLan (Sharepoint to EPrints)
- Birmingham Archives and Heritage business case for digital preservation
- Dorset History Centre - Benefits analysis
- Example benefits page for London mashup
- Lovebytes - Benefits
- Managing deposited personal collections benefits
- National Media Museum Digital Preservation Benefits
- National Motor Museum - Film and Video Collection
The purpose of this exercise is to identify the stakeholders that are relevant to the activity chosen by the practitioner, assess how the stakeholders relate to the activity and what their relative importance is.
To add a new Stakeholder Analysis page, click this link.
- Binghamton University Stakeholders
- Birmingham Archives and Heritage Stakeholder analysis
- Deposited Personal Collection Stakeholder Analysis
- Dorset History Centre stakeholder analysis
- Goldsmiths, University of London Stakeholders
- National Media Museum Stakeholders
- National Motor Museum
- Stakeholders familytreebook
- STFC Stakeholder Analysis
- UCLan Corporate information stakeholders
The purpose of this exercise is the identify any gap in skills and resources that will be required to complete the activity chosen by the practitioner.
To add a new Skills Gap Analysis page, click this link.
- Binghamton University Skills Gap Analysis
- Birmingham Archives and Heritage skills gap analysis
- Lovebytes - Skills Gap Analysis
- Managing deposited personal collections skills gap analysis
- National Media Museum skills gap
- National Motor Museum - Skills Gap Analysis
- STFC Test Gap Analysis
The purpose of the Elevator Pitch is to for the practitioner to bring together all the elements of the exercises so far, and develop a concise pitch to be made to a senior manager.
We are pitching to this scarey management guy.
To add a new Elevator Pitch page, click this link.
- Binghamton Elevator Sales Pitch
- Birmingham Archives and Heritage Elevator Pitch
- Institute of Education Elevator Pitch
- National Motor Museum Elevator Pitch
- National Videogame Archive Digital Preservation Elevator Pitch
- Scientific Computing Stfc Elevator Pitch
- test pitch
|Please note that the information contained within these pages has been created as a hypothetical exercise in building a business plan for digital preservation, and should not be considered as representative of the views of the organisations or the authors in any way.|