|Purpose||Provides functions to perform format-specific identification, validation, and characterisation of digital objects.|
| Source Code Repository
||JHOVE is made available by JSTOR and the President and Fellows of Harvard College under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL).|
JHOVE provides functions to perform format-specific identification, validation, and characterization of digital objects.
Potential use cases for JHOVE include:
- "I have an object; what format is it?"
- "I have an object that purports to of format F; is it?"
- "I have an object of format F; does it meet profile P of F?"
- "I have an object of format F and external metadata about F in schema S; are they consistent?"
- "I have an object of format F; what are its salient properties (given in schema S)?"
Extracts properties from files and attempts to validate against format spec. Supports AIFF ASCII GIF HTML JPEG JPEG2000 PDF TIFF UTF-8 WAVE XML.
e.g. links to AQuA/SCAPE/Hackathon issues that use the tool
Link to any RSS feed that is updated when new releases occur, if any, e.g:
Link to any RSS feed that is updated when issue or code updates occur, if any, e.g: