Begin by creating a page to describe your Dataset. Then add an Issue page, this will describe the preservation Issue (a problem or challenge) that you have with your Dataset. Over time, create Solution pages with developers from PC and PW. These will describe preservation tools and workflows that are created to solve your preservation Issue. You can also create a Scenario page. This contains no master data itself, but simply includes references to other pages that will then show up in full on your Scenario page. Your Scenario page should include all Dataset, Issue and Solution pages that are relevant to your Scenario. View an existing Scenario page (and view the edit page) to see how it works.
There are Template pages that make creating Dataset, Issue, Solution and Scenario pages really easy. The following steps provide an example of how to create a new Dataset, Issue or Solution page:
- From the main SCAPE Scenarios - Datasets, Issues and Solutions page, click on the "Click here to create a new Dataset" found under each of the Datsets, Issues and Solutions lists.
- Fill out the template and save the page
- Check the page you've just created, make any corrections
- Add links to corresponding pages. For example each Dataset should link to one or more Issues
- Add some Labels to your page (find the Label facility right at the bottom of the page). This allows us to categorise the pages in useful ways. Delete the "untagged" label and add new Labels as appropriate. Try and re-use existing Labels where relevant.